Check Out Our Latest Posts
- How To Partner With Parents For Success"Decades of social science research have demonstrated that differences in quality of schools can explain about one-third of the variation in student achievement. But the other two-thirds is attributable to non-school factors."Richard Rothstein, 2010, How To Fix Our Schools Working to lead students to success without developing a partnership with their parents is like driving … Read more
- Influencing Others Through RelationshipsOne of the most common leadership mistakes is thinking you'll get maximum performance from others without first building relationships with them. As school leaders, our success is measured not only by our own actions but even more so by the work of those we lead. The same is true of our teachers and their students. … Read more
- Positive Relationships: Path to Success in Your SchoolNearly everyone talks about the importance of relationships at a school. So many conversations work around into the comment, "it's all about relationships." For the principal or assistant principal to work well with the faculty and staff? It's all about relationships. The teacher and her students? Also, all about relationships. Partnership between the school and … Read more
- Passion For Learning! A Force To Be Reckoned WithAttitude Check Above the door leading into the Professional Learning room of a school I was visiting was a sign that greeted participants with this question: What attitude do you bring to today's learning? It's a great question to pose, as it forces its readers into a brief moment of reflection about their approach to … Read more
- Help! I’m Working All the Time And Not Getting Anywhere!If you're working long hours every day, taking work home every night, spending lots of your weekend doing emails and paperwork, and always feeling like you're running behind, rest assured you're not the only one. Just because others are doing it doesn't make it any less damaging to you as a leader. At this time … Read more
Building Leaders: Leadership Program for You!
Limited spots available; now registering for the 20-21 School Year!
Please click above for a quick, two-minute glimpse of our leadership development experience then click here for more info! https://principal-matters.com/building-leaders/